- Multi-directional satin-finished tanto blade with a hollow grind made from Bohler M390 steel.
- Double thumb stud opener with a ball-bearing pivot.
- Titanium handle with a stonewash finish.
- Steel-topped frame lock mechanism.
- Titanium Chaves skull pocket clip plus a standard pocket clip.
The Chaves Liberation 229, from the Chaves Ultramar series, is a bigger, meaner version of Chaves' Liberation Street knife that features a thumb stud opener instead of a flipper tab. The Liberation 229 has thick titanium scales with an ergonomic shape, a flawless blade with a beautiful finish and a razor edge, and the iconic skull pocket clip Chaves is known for. Not a fan of skulls? Not a problem! The Liberation 229 includes a standard titanium pocket clip that you can swap in. It's hard to call anything perfect, but once you handle one of these knives, it will be hard to call it anything else. Pick one up, and it won't be long before you consider it the robust, attractive cherry on top of your cutlery collection.